A commenter (Richard Brand) on an earlier post asked for the code I used to import only the active tasks into Outlook from the xml file. I do believe this is possibly the worst programming code ever written, but it works, mostly, for how I used it at any rate.
I should note though that when I do the import into Outlook, it regularly freezes my Blackberry Task list so that I have to do a hot boot (take out the battery) to reset it (it comes up with a java error).
Code provided as is, without warranty, use it at your own peril and, quite frankly, it probably won’t work for you :). But you may be desperate enough to try.
Note: you will need to put this into an Outlook VB code module, and link that to a button the toolbar (which you click to do the import). If you have no idea what I’m talking about, you probably shouldn’t be trying this. You will also need to provide the path to your TR file (“myFile” is the variable). All tasks imported from TR have the category “ZZZ Thinking Rock”. Projects are ignored (Outlook doesn’t want to know about them), but project tasks that are currently active are brought over. At the end of this process, all active tasks are imported into Outlook.