These are articles on a professional topic, usually an over-the-horizon issue or a matter of current relevance to the profession. They are intended to provide further development in practice, although they do not represent academic research and accordingly are not written as such.
- IT Outsourcing: Selecting the best infrastructure model: Discusses maturing approaches to outsourcing of information & communication technology service delivery within organisations.
- Building an intranet that delivers: This article was co-written with Belinda Thompson of BDO Kendalls. At the time of writing, Belinda was Senior Consultant in Intellectual Capital with BDO Kendalls in Brisbane, Australia. The article was published on CEO Online. Belindaâ€™s passion is in the implementation of corporate intranets that achieve business value from the knowledge management initiatives intranets offer.
- The GST and Information Systems: This article was published in – you guessed it – the year 2000 for the CPA Australia journal. This article ‘examines the impact that the looming tax changes will have on firms’ software and hardware’.
- Planning paramount for high growth companies: This article was published for BDO Kendalls’ quarterly business briefing. It was a co-publication with Sharyn Richardson – an Associate of the firm.
- When the system’s tail wags the organisation’s dog:Â Emphasising the common theme that sometimes, in business, it is not worthwhile to develop your own software.Â This is an article from the Autumn 2003 BDO Kendalls Business Briefing.